Every day we publish a story that makes the day different from every other day. It could be National Burger Day (Aug. 24), or US Bowling League Day (Sept. 3) and so on. Well today we’re posting this story just because it’s National Just Because Day!
Each August 27th is National Just Because Day. Feel free to celebrate this day any way you choose. Just because!
Every day we all do things that are expected or required of us or because we have to. Well, on National Just Because Day, that does not apply. This day is a chance to do something without rhyme or reason.
- It could be that there is an outfit at the mall that you are admiring; buy it…just because.
- Maybe you want to use a vacation day just to go fishing; do it…just because.
- Perhaps you would like to pay the tab for the table next to you at your favorite restaurant; do it…just because.
- Possibly you want to sing really loud while you’re in your car, by yourself, with your windows rolled down; do it…just because.
- Surprise someone with flowers…just because!
- Make something up…just because!
- Or maybe, just maybe, do something just because Mom said so.
National Just Because Day was created by Joseph J. Goodwin of Los Gatos, CA, in the late 1950s. It began as a family holiday and has grown into an annual celebration across the United States.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 SW Florida Reporter